JOIN OUR TEAM
We are always looking for volunteers. If you'd like to volunteer, please get in touch!
General Management Internship
Born Dancing is looking to fill an unpaid internship with a Graduate student or anyone seeking to gain experience working in a performing arts non-profit with a strong focus on dance, dance education, and inclusion. This is largely a telework internship and the intern should have his or her own computer to complete internship projects and tasks. Intern should also have availability for consultations, meetings and presentations during day time hours and some evenings.
The intern will work directly with the Executive Director, and, at times, the board members and production team. An ideal intern is someone who has an interest in helping with developing new programs, improving administrative functions and bookkeeping, and learning more about the day to day operations of an arts non-profit that is transitioning from start-up to growth stage. We are happy to work with all higher education institutions to ensure interns receive educational credit for internship hours. Internship can be tailored to the time frame that works for the intern in terms of start and end dates.
- Assist the Executive Director (and others on Board or Production Team) with a variety of administrative tasks and the development of new programs and operational procedures
- Help with special projects, research and event planning
- Optional: Complete a self-driven dance education, performing arts administration, or inclusion project (to be developed based on interest and skills)
- Data entry, typing and filing
- Assistance with production of newsletter, social media, and mailings
- Performing special projects as assigned
- General administrative and bookkeeping work
- Updating database of donors, audience members, and other partners
- Maintaining relationship with production team, schools, facilities, and general office management
- Assist with off-site events as needed including at the theater during Tech and Performances
- Exemplary writing skills; tailoring style to match the situation
- Professional demeanor and phone etiquette
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and online file sharing systems (Google Drive etc)
- Data management and entry skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and creatively solve problems
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Interest in the non-profit sector and/or disability related causes and inclusion
- Dependability and timeliness are a must!
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter!
We are expanding our board now that our nonprofit dance organization is growing. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed board member with a strong background in fundraising.
You'll be joining a high-energy diverse group of people with a can-do attitude and a great sense of humor and joy. Serving on the board means being part of the team that ensures the legal, administrative, financial, development, and public relations functions run smoothly so the organization can carry out its mission.
Your service on the board would help make a powerful difference in the lives of children and teens with disabilities through dance and the related arts.
- Attend board meetings 4-6 times a year
- Commit to serving on the Board of Directors through 2018
- Volunteer, on average, about 10 hours a month
+ REQUIREMENTS, FUNDRAISING
- Successful fundraising track record and knowledge of: events, corporate giving, individual giving, and/or grantwriting
interested? send us your resume and cover letter!
dancers, ALL AGES, disabled AND Non-disabled
We are always looking for dancers, both disabled and non-disabled and off all ages. If you have limited experience in dance, don’t worry. We’d still love to hear from you. It’s ok to send us your videos of dance class, improv, etc. Dance reels do not have to be of formal performances only.